The Dawn of Video Has Come
We now have video chat and screen share so you can share your face or screen pixels with another person’s eye pixels.
- Video Chat with up to 10 people in a group DM
- Learn how to use it in this nifty article!
- Share your entire screen or any window instead of your face.
- Picture in picture so you can vidya while browsing other servers and DMs.
- Stop asking for this feature because we launched it :)))))))))))))
- It's not perfect yet, there are some known bugs ;)
We also fixed some stuff
- Removed the weirdness where links that end in parentheses would get clipped. Parentheses are text characters too.
- Sometimes typing discord.gg in weird ways would create an invite embed. This weirdness has also been removed.
- The emoji picker button had some graphical issues that we polished. Nothing a little emoji grease can’t fix.
- Pinning two messages in a row (the legendary double pin) no longer marks your pins as unread.
- Due to permission wonkiness, certain voice channels didn’t properly show locks on restricted channels.
- We called Lobsnok, the Locksmith of the North, to fix it right up.
- Right clicking checkboxes no longer brings up the context menu because it’s literally a binary option and this was madness.
- When editing a message that mentions a user with a unicode emoji in their name, it no longer replaces the emoji with :textlikethis: \:poop\: \:100\:
- We fixed this thing where you couldn’t mute yourself in the overlay. Now you can mute yourself in the overlay.
- Fixed some jankiness when someone deleted a message in a channel that was previously marked as unread.
- Furthermore, any empty channel (literally no message or they were all deleted) will be considered read because there is nothing to read. It’s like telepathy but way less useful.
These are 4 your fone :^)
- It’s October, so you know what that means! New create and join server UI, obviously.
- Invite links no longer jump through web pages before bringing you inside the app. Less jank, more thank
- The apparently newsworthy iOS 11 launch crash is now fixed.
- Android now has developer mode because we want to make bot devs happy.
- We’ve enabled HVM, or “horizontal viewing mode” for videos and images.
- Wait. It’s called ‘Landscape?’ :deepthink:
The Rest of the Best
- Fixed a bug where the previous change log had the phrase level up and next level in them. You should never see this ludicrous language again.
- Want to support Discord’s development? Get Discord Nitro and unlock bonus features for your account.