Mic issues happen to all of us. The last thing anyone wants to hear is that, well, they can't be heard. If you came here because Discord is acting:
- more broken than the R8 on release,
- more busted than literally every archetype of Shaman,
- more broken than Camille in general,
... Or just wasn't able to detect any audio input (or by clicking that big red shiny banner), we need to figure out why Discord can't hear you!
First things first!
If your mic is super fancy or has some cool tricks up it's sleeve, the error message might still be popping up. Luckily, you can permanently disable it.
- Open your User Settings, and then press Voice and Video.
- Scroll down until you find the Voice Diagnostics category. Once you've found this option, turn it off.
Tada, now that red banner won't annoy you anymore!
If you’re still having microphone issues or audio problems, read on for more awesome troubleshooting steps to help your on your audio journey.
Make sure to have your headset or mic plugged in and selected as your primary input/output device before starting Discord! (where applicable.. Let's not see any speaker sets used as microphones now.) all of the necessary connections from your microphone/headset, as well as these steps...
External Microphone Issues
- Open your User Settings, and then press Voice & Video
- Make sure your USB or 3.5mm input jack is securely connected to your computer.
- Check to see that you don't have a hardware mute engaged on your device.
- Make sure you have the latest drivers and software downloaded for your device.
Great. Now that we know our audio device is shipshape, Let's make sure Discord's receiving appropriately:
- Check out your voice settings. Go into User settings > Voice, and make sure your audio device is selected in the "input/output device" drop-down.
- Go into your User settings > Voice > Advanced tab, and click the reset voice settings link.
- If you're STILL experiencing issues, please email us at [email protected] with a brief summary of what issue you're running into, and we'll be happy to help you out there.