Mic issues happen to all of us. The last thing anyone wants to hear is that, well, they can't be heard. If you came here because Discord is acting:
- more broken than the R8 on release,
- more busted than literally every archetype of Shaman Druid,
- more broken than EU Heimerdingers,
... Or just wasn't able to detect any audio input (or by clicking that big red shiny banner), we need to figure out why Discord can't hear you!
First things first!
Restarts & Resets! First, go ahead and restart your device. When Discord powers back up reset your Voice Settings. You’ll find this in User Settings > Voice & Video (scroll to the bottom)
If you’re still not being heard, set that Input Device to the specific device you’re using.
External Microphone Issues
- Make sure your USB or 3.5mm input jack is securely connected to your computer. Trying different ports is a good call too!
- Check to see that you don't have a hardware mute engaged on your device.
- Make sure you have the latest drivers and software downloaded for your device.
- Test if using Push to Talk instead of Voice Activity (and vice versa) makes any kind of difference
Nothing to fear, you shall be heard again! Try restarting your device, resetting your voice settings one more time, and then testing the following steps?:
1) Head into User Settings > Voice & Video > disable "Ensure Quality of Service High Packet Priority"
2) Head into User Settings > Voice & Video > Audio Subsystem, and select the "Legacy" option
3) Plug the headset into all other ports and run Discord as admin