In order to investigate issues which have been reported to us, we require the following information in the report:
- User ID: The 17 or 18-digit ID of the user you are reporting, which is not the Discord Username+Tag. A username can be changed, where a User ID can't.
- Channel ID: The unique ID where the message is being sent. DMs have channel IDs, too.
- Message ID: The unique ID of the message you're reporting. If you're reporting a lot of messages, a sample of message IDs in a conversation is sufficient.
- Server ID: If you're reporting a server, please also provide the server ID.
To get this information you'll need to first enable Developer mode:
1. Enabling Developer Mode
Go to User Settings-> Appearance and turn on Developer Mode
2. Obtaining ID's
After you've enabled Developer Mode, you can grab the information needed. The process is slightly different, depending on the ID's that you need.
Obtaining User ID's
For the User ID, right-click the user's username. You should see the last item on the drop-down menu: 'Copy ID'. Click this to get the ID. It should look like this:
Obtaining Server ID's
For Server ID, right-click the Server name above the channel list. Click Copy ID to get the ID. It should look like this:
Obtaining the Channel ID and Message ID
To get the Channel ID and Message ID, right-click anywhere within the text message. Shift+click the Copy ID button on a message. This will give you both, together, and it will look like this:
Reporting the Issue
Once you have all of the following:
- Channel ID and Message ID
- User ID
- Server ID (if necessary)
You are ready to send the information to our Trust and Safety team: https://dis.gd/request. In your message, please provide some context and the IDs.