In order to investigate any issues which have been reported, our Trust and Safety team requires the following information in the report:
- User ID: The 18-digit ID of the user you are reporting, which is not the Discord Username+Tag. Those can be changed, where User IDs can't.
- Channel ID: The unique ID where the message is being sent — note that DMs have channel IDs, too.
- Message ID: The unique ID of the message you're reporting. If you're reporting a lot of messages, a sample of them in the same ten minute time period is sufficient.
- Server ID: If you're reporting a server, please also provide the server ID number.
To get this information you'll need to first enable Developer mode:
1. Enabling Developer Mode
Go to User Settings-> Appearance and turn on Developer Mode
2. Obtaining ID's
After you've enabled Developer Mode, you can grab the information needed:
|For User ID, right-click the user's username.||For Server ID, right-click the Server name above the channel list.||For Message ID, right-click anywhere within the text message|
After you've right-clicked on the username, server, or message ID, you should see the last item on the drop-down menu: 'Copy ID'. Click this to get the ID. It should look like this for users and servers:
To get the Channel ID and Message ID, shift+click the Copy ID button on a message. This will give you both. It will look like this:
Once you have all of the following:
- Channel ID and Message ID
- User ID
- Server ID (if necessary)
You are ready to send the information to our Trust and Safety team: https://dis.gd/request. In your message, please provide some context and the relevant IDs.