If you're currently an online member of Discord's HypeSquad, and have since found an event you'd like to attend and rep Discord at, no problem! We'd love to send some swag your way, but it's important that you send in a new HypeSquad application as an attendee or coordinator on the HypeSquad website. Here is a breakdown of what we look for while reviewing Event Attendee & Coordinator applications!
Now that you are going to be attending a super awesome gaming-related convention, it’s time to get geared up! But before that, lets go over what we look for in our Event Attendee applications.
Here are some things we look for in a event attendee application:
- Be yourself and show us that awesome face.
- Answer all the questions and let us know what drives you.
- Make sure not to exceed the 3 minute time limit.
Once you have made sure your video includes all of this, be sure to submit that application! Make sure you aren’t just typing your answers, talking over gameplay or reading text on a screen to make your application the best it can be!
Now that you are going to be hosting your own events whether it will be an off-line convention, gaming tournament or LAN, we want to ship you some awesome swag!
Here is the low-down in what we look for in our Event Coordinators:
- Include all social links to your event (Facebook, website, twitter etc)
- Make sure your server’s invite link is never expiring
- Make sure your event is 5-6 weeks out from date of submission
- Make sure you maintain and currently own the server
- The event you apply for should have a minimum of 50+ attendees
After you have been approved, you will get some really cool swag to give out at your event. More details will be included in the Events server, should you need more swag for different events. Now go out there and throw your super awesome dance party!